Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pre-Christmas madness

I think I now understand why some people find Christmas so stressful. I'm usually an uber prepared Christmas elf. I love to shop early and have everything smugly stowed (usually wrapped) way before those last few crazy shopping days. This year for some reason I was in Christmas denial and really didn't get started until just recently. Shopping close to Christmas is not fun! There are hoards of people and inevitably the item you want is sold out. There's nothing worse than a smug sales person saying "Oh, that's a very popular item, we're all sold out" as I imagine the sad look of my niece when I present her with nothing on Christmas. In the end I had to do a bit more running around (thank goodness for Lavinia) but it is all done. PHEW!!!

Now I can concentrate on finishing the Christmas baking and gingerbread house assembling.

Sadly my knitting project has made no further progress...Blah.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol, it's so much easier when you just embrace the inner grouch and decide not to do any gift exchanges.

My schedule since undergrad has always been such that I didn't have time to go shopping until Dec 19th at the earliest - which is just a recipe for post-traumatic stress disorder. I just gave up! :D