Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy 2008!

I've had a really great holiday; family, baked goods and knitting... I finished my baby sweater. The pattern was from Dogs Steal Yarn. The yarn is a dark blue so its a bit hard to see, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. There is no baby to model it yet, he's still in the works but perhaps I'll be lucky enough to get a snap of the little chap in it once he's on the outside. I've also got some more wool for my next project. This one will (hopefully) be a blanket for another friend expecting a baby. Its a lovely green baby alpaca that feels so soft. I think it'll be nice to work with.
Today it snowed and my parents and I went for a walk. My family are big walkers but today we couldn't resist testing out my Dad's Christmas snowshoes.
Even Toronto can be a gorgeous winter wonderland. Hopefully it'll be less wintry for tomorrow's commute (back to work, erg).

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Congratulations on completing the sweater! It looks fantastic!! And I love that green wool - it's beautiful!