Sunday, January 27, 2008

Fun and frolic with friends

This weekend a very dear friend came visiting. She's a fellow newbie knitter and we decided to explore some of the Toronto wool shops I haven't had time to visit. It was a lot of fun. We lingered for quite awhile in the Purple Purl before heading to Lick's for lunch (I've been assured that there will be an equally unflattering photo of me on her blog).

In the afternoon we checked out the Naked Sheep. I'm beginning to realize that each wool shop is its own unique place. They sometimes have overlapping stock but really there's something different about each shop I've visited (perhaps that's a duh for more experienced knitters). Needless to say there was some wallet damage and I'm full of ideas of projects for the future.

The weekend was topped off by two potlucks. Phew, I'm pooped.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

My eyes are open! How did you manage that??

Andrea said...

I love the Indigo Moon wool. The colours are gorgeous - the earthy reds and oranges with a shot of blue. It'll make a lovely Chevron if that's what you've decided to do with it.

I'm nearing completion of the baby sweater - only 12 rows of moss stitch to go, then I have to stitch up the seams and weave in the ends and wash and block it. Whoo hoo!